Last updated on April 24, 2020.
- Participating Merchant Policies
Related services and offerings with links from this Website, including vendor sites, have their own privacy statements that can be viewed by clicking on the corresponding links within each respective website. Online merchants and others who participate in the Company’s services are encouraged to participate in industry privacy initiatives and to take a responsible attitude towards consumer privacy. However, since we do not have direct control over the policies or practices of participating merchants and other third parties, we are not responsible for the privacy practices or contents of those sites. We require that you always review the privacy policies of merchants and other third parties before you provide any personal information to or complete any transaction with such parties.
- Types of Information We Collect
When you interact with the Website, we may collect and store information from you as described below.
- Technical and Usage Information
When you access the Website, we may collect (i) certain technical information about your mobile device or computer system, including IP Address, web browser, mobile device ID and the version of your operating system; and (ii) usage statistics about your interactions with the Website. In certain instances we
may create and assign to your device an identifier that is similar to an account number. We may collect the name you have associated with your device, device type, telephone number, country and any other information you choose to provide, such as user name, character name, geo-location or e-mail address. This information helps us to improve Website by enabling us to estimate usage patterns, store information about your preferences, customize your interaction with the Website according to your individual interests, speed up your searches and recognize you when you return to the Website.
- Registration Information
We may allow you to “sign up” with us by providing a registration option where you may be required to provide your e-mail address in order to receive a newsletter, marketing material or other specified information from the Company.
- Information Collected
When you ask for assistance or information from the Website, we will collect and store the contact information you provide, and information about your activity on the Website, as well as communications with third parties on the Website.
- How We Collect Information about You
We may collect information about you in any one or more of the following ways.
- Cookies and Automated Information Collection
We may also employ other technologies including (i) web beacons, which allow us to know if a certain page was visited or whether an e-mail was opened; (ii) tracking pixels, which allow us to advertise more efficiently by excluding our current users from certain promotional messages, identifying the source of a new installation or
- Other Sources
We may collect or receive information from other sources including third-party information providers.
- How We Use the Information We Collect
In general, we collect, store and use your information to (i) provide you with a customized experience, (ii) facilitate your use of the Website, and (iii) conduct research and data analysis, in an ongoing effort to better understand and serve the users of the Website, including research on demographics, interests and behavior based on usage data and other information provided to us. This data may be compiled and analyzed on an aggregate basis, and we may share this data with researchers, business partners, publications, and help us improve the content and functionality of the Website, to better understand our users and to improve the user experience.
If you have provided your e-mail address to the Company, we may use it to respond to (i) customer support or information inquiries, and (ii) keep you informed of your activity. We may also use your information in aggregations for statistical purposes and may mine such data for information to improve and customize your experience with us, as well as with third party service providers.
- Sharing of Your Information
We may share your information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- Third-Party Service Providers
We may provide your information to third-party companies to perform certain services, including but not limited to data analysis, e-mail delivery, hosting services, and customer service. We direct all such third-party service providers to maintain the confidentiality of the information we disclose to them and to not use your information for any purpose other than to facilitate your use of the Website.
- Advertising of Third-Party Products and Services
We do not actively share your information with third-party advertisers. We may share
(i) aggregated information (information about you and other users collectively, but not specifically identifiable to you); (ii) anonymous information; and (iii) certain technical information (including IP Addresses and mobile device IDs).
- Our Subsidiaries and Affiliates
We may share your information with our subsidiaries and affiliates that provide goods and services ancillary to the products described on the Website.
- Push Notifications & Local Notifications
With your consent, we or our service providers may send push notifications to provide updates and other relevant messages. You can adjust the types of notifications you receive and when you receive them by editing your notification settings on the platform or device on which such you receive such notifications. We or our service providers may also send local notifications to provide updates and other relevant information.
- Safety, Security and Compliance with Law
- Our Policies Concerning Children Under 18 Years of Age
No one under age 18 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not provide any personal information on this Website or on or through any of its features, do not register on the Website, and do not or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, etc. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a person under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a person under 18, please contact us at (713) 861- 3663.
- International Data Transfers
Your information may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are a resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country (and, in some cases, may not be as protective). Specifically, the Website is hosted in the United States and our group companies and third-party service providers operate around the world.
- Rights of European Economic Area (EEA) Users
If you are a visitor from the EEA, you have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us at email@example.com. If you wish to correct, update or request deletion of your information, you can always do so by contacting us, but note that in some instances we are required by applicable law to maintain copies of your information.
- In addition, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You have the right to opt-out of any marketing communications we may send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing emails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), please contact us at email@example.com.
- Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights promptly, and at the latest, within a month.
- How to Control Your Information
If you want us to cease active use of your information, you may send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Place “Delete My Account” in the subject line and include your first name, last name and e-mail address in the body of the e-mail. We will respond to your request within 30 days. Please note that certain records, for example those pertaining to customer service matters, will be retained for legal and accounting purposes.
- Security of Your Information
- Your California Privacy Rights
We do not share your information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes unless you affirmatively agree to such disclosure, typically by “opting in” to receive information from a third party that is participating in a sweepstakes or other promotion on our Website. California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of your information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you do ask us to share your information with a third party for its marketing purposes, we will only share information in connection with that specific promotion, as we do not share information with any third party (other than our service providers) on a continual basis. To prevent disclosure of your personal information for use in direct marketing by a third party, do not opt in to such use when you provide your information on our Website.